Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Anti Virus Protection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shortkayke

Shortkayke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Is there an actual free anti virus protection that does not slow your computer down? Or will they all use a ton of resources?

AVG seemed to be good but it slowed my laptop with the 5 million updates per day. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

::edited for errors::

Edited by Shortkayke, 21 March 2009 - 01:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JamesFrance

JamesFrance

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

You could give Comodo Internet Security a try as it runs very light on your computer and is free for life:
http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html
James

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hello.

Avira is a light-weight Anti-Virus. I thought AVG was also a fairly light-weight Anti-Virus. I think Avira is one of the light-weight Anti-virus out there and many people like it too.

Install Antivirus

An anti-virus is essential in keeping your computer safe while surfing the Internet. Please install a (ONE) free anti-virus program from one of the links below:
  • Antivir <- Light Weight Anti-virus software
  • Avast Free <- This one is a bit resource hog espically whe scanning
  • AVG Free <- Also fairly light-weight anti-virus sfotware.
  • Bitdefender Free<- I don't know too much about this one
Update It after the installation is complete please.

With Regards,
extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users