Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 to be more customizable

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

In Windows 7 we are expanding the number of features you have control over in this regard, giving customers more control, flexibility and choice in managing the features available in this version of Windows. In addition to the features that were already available to turn on or off in Windows Vista, we’ve added the following features to the list in Windows 7:

Windows Media Player
Windows Media Center
Windows DVD Maker
Internet Explorer 8
Windows Search
Handwriting Recognition (through the Tablet PC Components option)
Windows Gadget Platform
Fax and Scan
XPS Viewer and Services (including the Virtual Print Driver)

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/03/0...-on-or-off.aspx
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

Internet Explorer 8 was a choice on that list...because of Firefox. :huh: Too much competition.

#3 vnvnvn2000

vnvnvn2000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:13 AM

There has been a “MS / Windows” section on here from the very start, though I often find myself not writing about Windows unless my Mac (Inspiron) is on the fritz. Microsoft is going to need a miracle if Windows 7 is to bring the shaky Vista crowd away from taking out a 2nd mortgage and buying an iMac.

Even with the economy as bad as it is, you’re not going to spend money on something that doesn’t work as expected and while Vista runs great for some people, you need a lot higher end computer. Sure you can disable a ton of services and “clean” it up, but the average computer user who is about to buy Vista doesn’t know about that stuff.

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

Oh yes, I agree. Vista needs some good hardware. I upgraded to 4 GB RAM recently, from the 2.5 GB already installed -- now I have got a little better performance. I finally gave up and added Kubuntu to secondary boot, because I needed some fresh air. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users