Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right click problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

Hi. I can not right click when on Internet Explorer and I have no clue why. I have not changed any settings - it worked fine a few days ago. I looked through my Internet settings and didn't notice anything different or anything that would help.

I do not have any viruses - I already did a full check. It is not the mouse as it will right click using Firefox and other programs such as Word. It is happening on all sites so it is not that I'm trying to get copyrighted content or that the sites have right click disabled on their pages. It just won't come up with the menu options for right click so it's not that I'm trying to open links in new pages and my computer blocks it or anything like that.

Internet Explorer works fine in every other way so i can't understand why it has suddenly stopped. Any help would be great. Thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by sn0zb0z, 21 March 2009 - 12:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hello!

Your Internet Explorer is currently damaged. It may be that you have had an infection in the past, or Internet Explorer was not installed or configured properly.

What version of Internet Explorer are you currently running?

Internet Explorer 7 and up: solution guided help

#3 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

It is version 6 I think. No infection should have caused it, but it's possible it was never installed properly, even though I've never really had any problems up until now (and I've had it a long time). For some reason it refuses to remember anything I type in (for example, in search engines), even though the settings say it should, but that's never really been a problem. Far as I know nothing has ever been changed as far as the internet settings go.

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Here is your proper tutorial

Also, I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer, such as version 7.

#5 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

Going by that tutorial it seems my internet is already set to default settings. Only thing I've changed is the homepage.

I have used IE 7, but prefer the earlier one. I'm also not sure how well my PC would handle the new IE :thumbsup:

#6 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hello sn0zb0z,

See if this helps: Try using ShellExView to isolate the problem with the context menus.

See "Resolution, Method 2" in the following article ("Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers"):

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

#7 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

Thanks. The computer with this problem has gone a bit odd, but if I get it sorted I'll look into that lol XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users