Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE windows pop up on Firefox with url.adtrqt.com/

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 poindexterdesign

poindexterdesign

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

I use Firefox, but I have recently been bombarded with IE popups that go to hxxp://url.adtrqt.com. They are blank pages, but about 20 of them pop up.

I get an additional pop-up from VirusRemover2009 that tells me "Warning! Suspicious Files Found". It takes me to a page where it want me to pay $79.95.

I also have a "Warning Security Center Alert!" that pops up in the lower right corner with a green circle with two yellow arrows in it, telling me that the Latest updates are available.

Also, Yahoo mail and Facebook seem to be having problems since the popups appeared.

I'm scanning with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware right now, because that's what I used to get rid of the last problem I had, but I realize that it probably won't help with this one.

I also have OTMoveIt2 installed already.

Please help.

Thanks.

Edited by quietman7, 21 March 2009 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

Please do not post active links to possible malware sites. I have disabled the one(s) you posted so others do not accidentally become infected.

Please post the results of your MBAM scan for review.

To retrieve the MBAM scan log information, launch MBAB.
  • Click the Logs Tab at the top.
    • The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format:
      mbam-log-2009-01-12(13-35-16).txt <- your dates will be different from this example
      -- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
  • Click on the log name to highlight it.
  • Go to the bottom and click on Open.
  • The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.

Edited by quietman7, 21 March 2009 - 07:56 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:03 AM

HEllo.

Please delete OTMoveIT2 as it's no longer updated and there is a newer version available.

Post the MBAM once it's done

EDIT: QM7 posted before me.
EDIT3: Instructions on Smitfraudfix is below.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 21 March 2009 - 08:32 AM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#4 poindexterdesign

poindexterdesign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

I updated, then ran Malwarebyte, then rebooted. Everything seems to be fine now, but here is the log anyway:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1880
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

3/21/2009 8:04:46 AM
mbam-log-2009-03-21 (08-04-46).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 77394
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 2
Memory Modules Infected: 4
Registry Keys Infected: 27
Registry Values Infected: 10
Registry Data Items Infected: 8
Folders Infected: 6
Files Infected: 22

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\VRM2009.exe (Rogue.AntiSpywareSolution) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\ExtSecurityCenter.exe (Rogue.VirusRemover2009) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ratepimo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pufidihu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\notijiku.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eufbwv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a48bfa16-d62a-4def-8202-9f04d445a3e2} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a48bfa16-d62a-4def-8202-9f04d445a3e2} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{1353ef5c-04ae-4d22-a4c7-69c5aff16830} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1353ef5c-04ae-4d22-a4c7-69c5aff16830} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{a48bfa16-d62a-4def-8202-9f04d445a3e2} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\{5222008a-dd62-49c7-a735-7bd18ecc7350} (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{a3fdd654-a057-4971-9844-4ed8e67dbbb8} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{15421b84-3488-49a7-ad18-cbf84a3efaf6} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6b221e01-f517-4959-8c41-81948e7f2f17} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{10e42047-deb9-4535-a118-b3f6ec39b807} (Adware.ISTBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{5f1abcdb-a875-46c1-8345-b72a4567e486} (Adware.ISTBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{000006b1-19b5-414a-849f-2a3c64ae6939} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{a0b4ffea-d466-49a8-9bb0-b7bbd2fcb449} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00000010-6f7d-442c-93e3-4a4827c2e4c8} (Adware.NetOptimizer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8f4e5661-f99e-4b3e-8d85-0ea71c0748e4} (Adware.NetOptimizer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{21b4acc4-8874-4aec-aeac-f567a249b4d4} (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\virusremover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ExtSecurityCenter (Rogue.ExtSecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\virusremover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\virusremover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\pivomupero (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\cpmbfad4f94 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\ssodl (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\virusremover2009 (Rogue.AntiSpywareSolutionPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\{59a40ac9-e67d-4155-b31d-4b7330fcd2d6} (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{5f1abcdb-a875-46c1-8345-b72a4567e486} (Adware.ISTBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\CmdMapping\{10e42047-deb9-4535-a118-b3f6ec39b807} (Adware.ISTBar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{6d794cb4-c7cd-4c6f-bfdc-9b77afbdc02c} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{a0b4ffea-d466-49a8-9bb0-b7bbd2fcb449} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ratepimo.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\ratepimo.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\ratepimo.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\notijiku.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\notijiku.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\VirusRemover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\VirusRemover2009 (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\VirusRemover2009\Logs (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ISTbar (Adware.MediaAccess) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\winupdates (Worm.P2P) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\eufbwv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pufidihu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\notijiku.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ratepimo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\VRM2009.exe (Rogue.AntiSpywareSolutionPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\ExtSecurityCenter.exe (Rogue.VirusRemover2009) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yijuzepu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\e.exe (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0HUF81M3\d[2].htm (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3BXJRPWW\load[1].php (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\89ATCDEX\SpywareRemover2009_Installer_Dual_br1_en[1].exe (Rogue.SpywareRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YH6B2H6B\virusremover2009_setup_free_rezer_en[2].exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\VirusRemover2009\VirusRemover2009.lnk (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\ExtSecurityCenter.ini (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\ExtSecurityCenter.xml (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\ni_d.exe (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\PP.exe (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\Uninstall.exe (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\VirusRemover2009\Viruses.bdt (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\VirusRemover2009\Logs\scns.log (Rogue.VirusRemover) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\VirusRemover2009.lnk (Rogue.VirusRemove) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\taskkill.com (Worm.P2P) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Now rescan again with MBAM but this time perform a Full Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable way) before scanning and to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Then follow extremeboy's instructions to delete OTMoveIT2, run Smitfraudfix and post the results.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hello.

Sorry for editing that out.. Here's the instructions on running Smitfraudfix.

Run SmitFraudFix

You can find complete instructions for running SmitFraudFix in the link below:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/

Download the tool by following the link above on to your deskotp and then boot in to safe mode by following the instructions below.

I suggest your print these instructions out or save them somewhere so when you are in Safe Mode you can follow the instructions correctly.
  • Boot your computer into Safe Mode(Refer below on how to boot into Safe Mode) before we can run this tool.
  • Double click the icon(Smitfraudfix) to run it.
  • Select Option 2 by typing 2 and hitting Enter.
  • The scan will progress. Answer Yes to any prompts you receive. This will include running disk cleanup and removing infected files.
  • The tool will restart your computer.
  • Upon reboot, a log file located at C:\rapport.txt will open. Copy its contents into your next reply.
Boot Into Safe Mode

Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.
  • Use your arrow keys to navigate and highlight Safe Mode.
  • Hit Enter.
  • You will now be asked to choose your operating system. Again, use the arrow keys to select Microsoft Windows XP.
  • Hit Enter.
Your computer will proceed to booting into Safe Mode. During the boot process, you may see random code go past your screen. Simply wait for it to pass. Your computer should boot like usually, except with Safe Mode written in the corners of your screen. Your screen may also appear to be a different size because the video drivers are not loaded properly in Safe Mode.

After the boot, you will be asked whether you wish to use system restore, or to continue to Safe Mode. Select OK to choose Safe mode.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#7 poindexterdesign

poindexterdesign
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Here is the log of the full scan. I'll wait for a reply before running the SmitFraudFix, since nothing was found.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1880
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

3/21/2009 11:08:57 AM
mbam-log-2009-03-21 (11-08-56).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 174651
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 32 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hello.

Go ahead and run SmitfraudFix. Probably most of it is already taken care by MBAM, but no harm in running this tool.

With Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users