My name is Sam and I will be helping you.
In order to see what's going on with your computer I may ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.We need to create an OTListIt2 Report
- Please download OTListIt2 from here
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the "Run Scan" button.
- The scan should take just a few minutes.
- Copy the log that opens up and paste it back here in your next reply.
The next log will show us any hidden files that are present.
and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2
- Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.
- When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
- Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
- Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:
*System Protection and Tracing
*Save created processes to the log
*Save loaded drivers to the log
- You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
- Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
- Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
- Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.
Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.
- When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
- Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in SAFE MODE"
If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.
Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!