Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recommended monochrome laser printer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rabidrun

rabidrun

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

looking at new monochrome laser printers that print on both sides for home use. would be nice to also have a fax/copier/scanner in the same machine. want to get a machine that has a laser cartridge that will print alot more copies than average. i saw that brother has some mono laser printers w/ a $100 cartridge that will print 7000 pages.

any recommendations? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

I've had a Brother for 2 years. No complaints at all
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 rabidrun

rabidrun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

thanks mark. i saw a brother hl-5250dn network monochrome laser printer in the store that has a cartridge for 100 bucks that supposedly prints up to 7000 pages (.01/pge) whereas the canon & hp mochrome laser printer cartridges cost .02 to .04/page. i wonder how accurate those page estimates are in the product specs? regards

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

i wonder how accurate those page estimates are in the product specs?

Not quite sure. I only print a few times a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less
Probably not as much as you do, so that wasn't a big concern for me as much as print quality
I haven't changed my cartridge yet
Be aware, when they ship the printer, the factory cartridge is only 75% full
I would imagine they all do that
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users