No need to PM me, I will be notified once a reply comes.Peer-to-Peer Programs Warning
Your log shows that you are using so called peer-to-peer
programs (in your case BitTorrent
). These programs allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world cyber crime
has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.
It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer
and Risks of File-Sharing Technology
It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software
infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organizations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA
for music files, or the MPAA
for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.
Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."
It is your decision whether or not you wish to keep your program(s) but I suggest you remove it via add/remove
. However, please refrain from using them until your computer has been declared clean.Backup Registry with ERUNT
This tool will create a complete backup of your registry. A backup is created to ensure we have backup so encase anything goes wrong we can deal with it. Do not delete these backups until we are finished.
- Please download erunt-setup.exe to your desktop.
- Double click erunt-setup.exe. Follow the prompts and allow ERUNT to be installed with the settings at default. If you do not want a Desktop icon, feel free to uncheck that. When asked if you want to create an ERUNT entry in the startup folder, answer Yes. You can delete the installation file after use.
- Erunt will open when the installation is finished. Check all items to be backed up in the default location and click OK.
You can find a complete guide to using the program here:http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txtHow to Restore from the ERUNT BackupOnly restore from the backups if instructed to, or you need to do so. You need it if after doing something, your computer will only boot in Safe Mode and you are unable to contact us (or anyone else) for help by other means, or if your computer will not boot into Windows at all.
To restore if you can boot, navigate to C:\WINDOWS\erdnt, choose the folder with the most recent date, and double click ERDNT.EXE. Check all boxes in the restoration options.
To restore from the Recovery Console using the Windows CD:
Create and Run Registry Script
- Turn on your machine with the disk in the drive.
- Type in the number of the Windows installation you want to repair (usually 1), then press Enter.
- Type in the Administrator password (leave blank if you are unsure what it is or if you do not have one) and press Enter.
- Type without quotes "cd erdnt" followed by Enter.
- Type without quotes "dir" followed by Enter. This will list out the available folders, whose names are the date on which the backup was taken in (M)M-DD-YYYY format. Try the most recent dates first.
- Type without quotes "cd **name of the folder**" followed by Enter.
- Type without quotes "batch erdnt.con" followed by Enter.
- Type without quotes "exit" followed by Enter.
- Remove your CD from the drive and reboot your computer into the restored registry. If you still cannot boot, try again with an earlier restore date.
When done properly, the icon should look like for the .reg file.
- Copy the following into a notepad (Start>Run>"notepad"). Do not copy the word "quote".
- Click File, then Save As... .
- Click Desktop on the left.
- Under the Save as type dropdown, select All Files.
- In the box File Name, input fix.reg.
- Hit OK.
Doube-click on fix.reg, you will get a warning saying something like: "do you wish to merge/add the following information to the registry?". Please say Yes
Next you will get a confirmation telling you if it was merged sucessfully.
Tell me in your next reply if the reg script got merged sucessfully. Is the error message still there? Reboot to see.