Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter Strike Source Lag

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dog54321

dog54321

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

hi im getting this terrible lag.. i don't know why, its not my internet but i think its my graphics card, its a Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family. And my fps in game is 10, is that really bad..?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

Intel integrated graphics aren't good for games. Are you interested in buying a new one? We can help you find one.

What is the make and model of your computer, or your motherboard model. Also, list your system specs. Also, what is your price range?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:31 AM

how do i check my specs, to be honest im not keen to buy one. But how much would a video card cost , minimum prices? Are video cards hard to install, im quite bad with computers.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:17 AM

download SIW | System Information for Windows
and go the mother board tab and tell us what it says
and pci ex grapics cards can get petty cheap i saw some like 256mb for $69 aus

#5 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Property Value
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model P5GZ-MX
Version Rev 1.xx

North Bridge Intel i945G/GZ Revision A2
South Bridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) Revision A2

CPU Genuine Intel® CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz
Cpu Socket Socket 775 LGA

System Slots 4 PCI

Memory Summary
Maximum Capacity 4096 MBytes
Maximum Memory Module Size 1024 MBytes
Memory Slots 2
Error Correction None

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

#6 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Go to control panel, then system. How much ram does your system have?

I looked up your motherboard, and you have a pciex16 which is for graphics cards. If you're only playing counter strike source, you could get a fairly cheap card, $50 or less.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#7 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

0,99 gig ram, so ashamed of my computer lol. most computers got like 2-3 gig ram :thumbsup:

#8 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

That's not bad, especially if you're running xp.

So are you interested in a new graphics card? If so, give us a price range. Are you going to be playing other games too? If so, what are they?

If you want a graphics card, you'll also need to tell us the specs of your power supply. Open up your case, and tell us how many watts it has, and how many amps on the +12V rail. This should be on a label on the side of it.

#9 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Well im looking at 50-100, i dont think i can open my computer, im only a kid and my mum probably wont let me buy a grapihcs card. I found out i can play small maps in cs. the only games i play is css and wc3.

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

I was 14 when I first started ripping apart my computer, you're never too young :thumbsup: ! If your mom really doesn't want you to though, then you should listen to her.

If you are interested still, you will need to open your computer up, and read us the label off the power supply. The power supply is the big square box that is most likely located in the top part of the back of the computer. Make sure you unplug the computer from the wall outlet first though, and touch something metal to ground yourself so you don't damage any components with static.

Also, are you located in the United States? I want to know because if you are, you can order from newegg.com, which is the best site for purchasing computer parts.

#11 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

Nah i can't open the computer.. last time i did i was testing something, i took out the ram chip and i replaced it back in the slot incorectly and my parents and brother got angry. I live in aus. Is there any other way >_<

#12 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

If you're going to put the graphics card in yourself though, can't you just open up the computer and let us know what the label on the power supply says? You won't need to touch or remove anything inside the computer, only take the side panel off. This would be a great card to get, and ironically, I was just helping another guy from Australia in a different thread and he sent a link to this site. http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/pr...d=269&grp=3

Once again though, I don't want you to disrespect your parents if they don't want you to do this.

#13 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

yer i dont think ill buy one, im fine with just playing small cs maps, i thought i could somehow make my computer faster with programs not buying a graphics card. sorry for wasting ya time =/

#14 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

Don't worry you didn't waste our time :thumbsup: . It's good that you know now, and this may help others in a similar situation as you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users