Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Found Bogus Flixter account on my PC desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:14 PM

:thumbsup: Had reformatted my pc due to numerous ongoing problems, in spite of the excellent help I have received here.

Was researching how to access Stumble Upon, since i have not yet re-installed my Firefox. Found a bogus account for Flixter stored on my e-machines/gateway/google desktop. Uses the user name "Fuzzywuzzy6"--sound familiar?

Yesterday, Kelly with a kitten avatar was on the page, today it was Hillary.

I recognized one of the pictures of the "friends", I think. She's a friend of someone else I know.

Also found a bogus ip associated with it, I think: 67.125.107.204. (Correction: This is apparently the IP for the google or gmail server within IE for me; used Firefox until a few days ago.)

What do I do now? I have no idea why anyone would use my username, and I have never joined anything like facebook or twitter.

ADDENDUM: Found a discontinued account with a link to Help.Com about tonsillitis. A girl, either in high school or in college, talks about being in school, having a boyfriend and kissing her boyfriend. Under my user name. About 19 months ago. Many users on that page complained of illegitimate pop-ups and discontinued their accounts. Also links to DevShed, not sure how current that is, nor the 2 Photobucket links, which are to a specific man's name which I won't give here--he wasn't the user, just an account there.

I would assume it was the result of a virus, except for the time when the Flixter account was initiated (2007), which was about the time my pc tower was rebuilt.

How do I proceed from here, considering that there was not only a type of identity theft, but perhaps interference with my gmail account? How do I recover my internet identity?

This was from a search of my desk top.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 20 March 2009 - 06:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users