Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up problem!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shadowfox121

shadowfox121

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys,

Okay so I just recently forged a computer together with a dell and an emachine, I took the emachine hard drive, and disk drive, and everything else dell. Anyways after starting it up everything works fine and then the XP screen comes up with the loading bar, then the computer gives me a 1 second blue screen and automatically restarts. Does anyone know what this could mean, I already changed the thermal compound on the processor, and rechecked all the wires....
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

You receive a Stop 0x0000007B error after you move the Windows XP system disk to another computer - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;314082

Move Harddrive to a New Windows XP System - http://www.theeldergeek.com/move_harddrive.htm

Louis

#3 shadowfox121

shadowfox121
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

Hmm so its saying that I have to use the old mobo... but that sucks b/c its from a mini emachine, the only thing I want is the hard drive X(
Is it also possible that its messing up b/c the new dist drive is SATA and not IDE?
Is there any easy way to fix this lol, flashing BIOS, or something... without calling Microsoft and spending 50$?

#4 Merasya

Merasya

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:44 PM

Shadowfox,

Louis's second link is about fixing your problem. The first is just reference material for why the system won't start.

#5 retrostud

retrostud

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi guys,

newbie here. Had a problem which is bg to me...

I can't startup my window XP. Everytime I switch on the power, the system will prompt me like:

- safe mode
- safe mode with network
- safe mode with command prompt
- run window normally

I tried every options but end up come back to this opton screen.

Is it virus attacked?? Any Remedy except reboot?

=(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users