Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hard drive lag

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blunty86

blunty86

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

Im not entirely sure if it is the hard disk which is causing me problems its more of a hunch. My pc keeps getting a wierd stutter where i can move the mouse and so on although all my menues freeze and i am unable to do anything for a few moments. i can only describe it as a lag. It started happening roughly after we had a power cut and also on removing a softwall we had set up next to it where i may have bashed my pc in the process. I hhave 2 hard drives a WD51536U3 and an old maxtor as slave, both connected through a paralel ide conection, or just a single cable connecting both to the mobo if you like. I have 1gb ddr2 ram which i blieve is corsair, processor is a pentium d 2.8 dual.

Ive also just found a new problem which im not enjoying which has just started and i expect simply requires me to buy a new mouse but my mouse keeps double clicking when i only click once or even right clicking when i left click. ive never had a problem with this sort of mouse before and thats why i use them, its just a bog standard wired 5 button microsoft optical mouse.

Everyone seems to like this hijackthis software so i thought id throw in a report for good measure, any help would be welcome, thanks.

Log Removed

Edited by garmanma, 20 March 2009 - 02:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

If you're currently doing a HJT log, don't do any changes to your computer until the people assisting you say it's alright.

Can you try the mouse with another computer, or try another mouse with your computer?

Have you run a defragged your hard drives lately?

I take it that's a Western Digital hard drive besides the maxtor? Is that the hard drive that you have windows installed on? If so, try running the Western Digital hard drive diagnostics utility to test it. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.as...d=1&lang=en

Edited by Sterling14, 20 March 2009 - 09:41 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users