Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build, No Display No Beeps but fans and lights on.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amyb

amyb

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

Help! Just bought an intel dg31gl motherboard with a core 2 duo processor. It was working a couple days back. I loaded vista and then turned off to install sata dvd drive, sata hard drive, and ide hard drive. Now when I try to boot computer again, lights and fans turn on but no display. I have an onboard video as well as a pci video card. I have tried 2 different monitors as well as both vga inputs (onboard and pci).

I have removed everything (including memory) and rebooted and get beep code. I put the memory in and no beeps and no display.

Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Edited by amyb, 20 March 2009 - 08:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:39 AM

What does the beep code indicate?

Or do you mean that you get the 1-beep POST-complete signal?

Louis

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

When you tried the onboard video did you remove the video card ?

What brand & model is the video card ?

What power supply is in it ?
[What brand & model ?]

" I loaded vista and then turned off to install sata dvd drive, sata hard drive, and ide hard drive."

What drive is Vista on ?

Try disconnecting all of the added in drives except the one with Vista & see if it boots.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 amyb

amyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the replies...unfortunately, i took it to a local computer store who said the motherboard is fried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users