Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CooCo

CooCo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm getting some kind of bluescreen on startup, i get to the point of "windows XP" and the green loading bar, after that is done, it just BSODs and then it makes a really REALLY loud fan noise, as if the fan is running at its maximum possible speed, how do i fix this?

Unfortunately i do not have any idea of what it can be except some stuff i have downloaded over the last couple of days, which includes ardamax keylogger, because my parents wanted to keep my sister in check, so i got the job of installing a keylogger onto her computer.

Other than that, Empires: Total war

Nothing else has been downloaded over the last couple of days.

I hope there is some kind of sollution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

Type: chkdsk /r

It's important to have a space before the "/".

To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Tried it, i have windows installed on two hard disks, however i can only select the 150gb one, which when i do the command, it just gives me some lame thing with how much MB left and used and total etc.

i need to select the C:/ drive, for that is my 300gb one, how do i do this?

EDIT:

Figured my C:/ drive might have gotten disconnected, it only shows my D:/ drive in the list, so i will look at that now.

Edited by CooCo, 20 March 2009 - 01:55 AM.

#4 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

Ah, my C:/ drive acutally just died i think. whoop de doo. happy happy.

Damn, just one week after the warranty voided.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 CooCo

CooCo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

it was acutally this alternative keylogger i used, for my sister, it was called VicSpy09

Deleted my system32 folder, whoop de dooooooooo doooo whoop.

I managed to restore everything using my multi boot, windows frmo another harddrive, this enabled me to delete the exe that caused everything. now i am fine and everything is restored.

#6 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:04 AM

I recommend doing some malware scanning, to be sure you are rid of all the nice stuff, malwarebytes, superantispyware, or online scanner, ESET, Panda, Kaspersky etc.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users