Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A man's sport

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Christoph182

Christoph182

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:25 AM

Hey does anyone know alot about fishing or know of a website that has fishing tips, guides, and stuff like that? Because I just bought a new fishing rod and I dont know how to put the line on. I know how to fish and everything I just never had a new rod before. There must be alot of fishing experts that know of good sites and good tips. ahha thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:41 AM

Just for your information:

Women and Fishing:
  • 11.9 million women 7 and older fish. That's more than the number who participate in jogging, basketball, volleyball, softball, golf or tennis.
  • Freshwater fishing is the 10th most popular participation sport among women.
  • 26.8 percent of all anglers are female 2 (representing 8 percent of the U.S. female population).
  • The number of women fishing increased 19 percent from 1980 to 1995 compared to 14 percent for males.
I'm just saying that by defining fishing as a man's sport, you are limiting yourself.

Cabela's has some nice guides, but I think you are looking for something more basic:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2215_new-line-fishing.html

Edited by groovicus, 11 June 2005 - 10:58 AM.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:55 AM

See if this helps:
How to load the line onto the reel
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Christoph182

Christoph182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

hahah I was just joking about the mans sport thing sorry, you didnt have to go through all that trouble to make me look like a retard. I make myself look dumb all the time. SOrry though. couldnt really think of a title. I thought "fishing" was too basic ahha. Sorry

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

lol... I wasn't trying to make you look like anything, and I apologize if I made you feel not welcome... we all have to take care to not to stereotype. I just happened to be a tad sensitive about gender issues is all. Anyway, welcome to BC, and I hope one of the links provided was able to help. :thumbsup:

#6 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

:thumbsup: Hello Christoph13,
I'm glad to see another outdoors men! There are lots of women that fish and hunt. If you like fishing and hunting, go in a Bass Pro shop store next time you get a chance!!! OMG! they are awesome! :flowers: i could spend hours in there!!!! :trumpet: lol.
Just go to bassproshop.com and you will see what i mean!!! I don't know if they have any in Canada or not, but if you ever get a chance...Go! :inlove:
I'm from the southern state of South Carolina. Everybody down here (men and women) fish and hunt. :cool:
Have fun with that Rod n reel! They can be a pain to string. :)
Take it easy,
Deerslayer
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users