Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Spyware Program to Use?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hello all--

After experiencing many problems and lost money with Ad-Aware Plus and Ad Watch, I finally uninstalled it from my computer. I have had way too many issues with this program! I heard rave reviews about it but in my opinion, there were too many bugs preventing it from running correctly and catching malware infections. To top it off, Ad Watch was bogging down my computer and sucking up tons of memory.

I'm currently using Malwarebytes Free edition, which seems to run smoothly and catch infected files. Should I go ahead and purchase an upgraded edition of Malwarebytes? What program do you recommend?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

MBAM's paid version with the resident protection module is intended to be a supplement to a good antivirus program like Avira free or Avast, not a replacement

Edited by DaChew, 19 March 2009 - 04:36 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users