Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 erka

erka

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:36 AM

I have a WD passport External HD. Within last 2 months it broke down 3 times. It suddenly becomes unreachable. I had to go all recovery procedures to save my data. I have 3 USB plugin on my laptop. I use a USB security program. It finds nothing everytime I connect the external hd. Is there anybody have any idea on the matter.

Erka

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Sure, I have an idea :thumbsup:.

Either your hard drive has problems...or the enclosure to your hard drive (the case it is in) has problems.

To find out which...I suggest opening the case and removing the actual hard drive...and attaching same temporarily directly to the motherboard.

If the same problem occurs, it's the drive itself. If the drive becomes readable, it's the enclosure.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users