Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I get an HDTV or PC Monitor?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jono cp

jono cp

• Banned Spammer
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:14 AM

I'm deciding on what to purchase for my PC. I have 2 choices: a PC monitor or an LCD HDTV. Now, I'm leaning towards the tv because I want to opt to use it for gaming with my vg consoles (mainly my PS2). Only drawback is the price in which I can get a very good monitor.

My friend recommend this Hannspree HF257HPB 25 in. Flat-Panel LCD Monitor to me, it sounds great for the price($240), but...

Which would be a better buy? Keep in mind, I'm only limiting myself to $300. I know you have to pay for quality but I'm in need and I need to make up my mind by Saturday.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 12 October 2009 - 03:50 AM.
Mod Edit: Despammed - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

I personally would go with monitor. my dads using a HDTV on his system and has had all sorts of driver issues with it. My monitor supports the FULL 1080p of high definition glory, and has an HDMI hookup so you can hook up a ps3 or xbox 360 to it, and they sell adaptors to hook older systems to monitors. TV would work to, but for ease of use I would say monitor, mainly cuz you can still get fantastic picture, faster response times, and usually more bang for the buck. My monitor is a viewsonic vx2260wm. It is a 22 inch widescreen with a 2 ms response time, 20,000:1 contrast ratio, 1920 x 1080 native resolution, and VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs as well as sound in and out. and I only paid 250 bucks for it after rebate, you can find it at most office depots now for around 230. Some people complain cuz it has a tn display but that doesnt bother me any, it offers a great display picture.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 oldbod

oldbod

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:21 PM

I have just bought a cheap 19" LCD television from the warehouse with built in DVD player and i am very pleased with the performance. All i needed extra was a VGA Cable . The tele cost was NZ$ 459.00 Darren Yates artical in the Australian PC User Magazine August 1988 says:- With LCD TV prices crashing the lower resolution scale of the screens may well fit the bill for those who don't want to squint! the typical resolution of most 26"models is 1,366x768-Pixels & come withHDMI & even PC, VGA inputs and are good enough for standard applications & games.They also have the bonus of having a built in tuner and a huge array of inputs you dont normally get on a LCD Monitor. If i had your E/M iwould send you a copy of this artical.
Cheers
Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users