Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Budget PC o_O

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Enox

Enox

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:29 AM

Okay uhm, I'm so sick of my PC right now, P4 processor lol FAIL, and I'm gonna ask for suggestions for me to buy some parts

There are actually 3 PC Components I need to buy, A processor, motherboard, and Graphics Card.

I only have prolly about $200 budget for the parts, feh I need to budget lol
For Processor, I want AMD but I'm not sure whats the price of their processors. for motherboard, ASUS that supports SLI, about 2 PCI-E Should be fine and 2 SLI Supported Graphics Card.

Help meh pl0x xP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

$200 may be stretching it depending on what you do with the PC. The graphics card alone could eat up all of your budget. If you're a gamer, you will need to seriously up that budget. If you're just a general user with some light (not Crysis) gaming, you could be closer to your budget. After looking at your profile, I see you're in the Philippines so our prices and selection may not match what is there.

If you're a general user, the AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz is a plenty fast dual core CPU at a reasonable price of $65. If you're a gamer or simply want to futureproof, a quad core with a speed of 2.5GHz or higher is suggested. Given your budget, a quad core is way too expensive, especially a Phenom II. As for motherboards, you'll be paying a more for two PCI-E ports with SLI. A 750a Asus motherboard will also retail for about $125. Depending on your requirements, the GPU could be anywhere from $150 and up. If you're going to SLI with newer cards, you may need to get a more powerful power supply as well.

Edited by DJBPace07, 19 March 2009 - 02:02 AM.

3939.png

#3 Enox

Enox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hmm, I'm an MMO Gamer so cheap specs should be okay. Hmm, I think I only need a low SLI Card since Imma use 2 so it's faster right? o_o Well thanks for the suggestion for the Processor, 64 Bucks is already a low price ;)

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hmm, I'm an MMO Gamer so cheap specs should be okay.

Even with "cheap" specs, for $200 this just isn't going to happen. Do you have memory for this setup?

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

SLI capable boards are more expensive, plus, if you want to SLI, you need to buy two cards. In some cases, a single very powerful GPU will outperform a dual card solution with weaker cards. As dpunisher said, you need to have a larger budget. I'm planning on overhauling a friend's PC later this year with an ASUS M3A78 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard, that 7750 processor, and 4GB of RAM for $243. You will have an added expense of needing a new GPU plus you will most likely need new RAM if you're planning on reusing hardware from an old PC.

3939.png

#6 Enox

Enox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

My PC ain't that old LOL I don't need to buy a new RAM since it's DDR2 ._. So are you suggesting that a powerful VC is better than Dual Weaker ones? Well if that's the case then is my Nvidia 8500 GT 512MB Good enough for MMO Gaming? If its so then I only need to buy a Processor and a Motherboard for it. I need a new Motherboard since the socket for the CPU of my board is LGA775 lol fail OLD

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

The fact that the RAM you have is DDR2 is important, but you need to consider its speed. You'll probably need to buy new RAM unless you have DDR2-1066 or faster RAM. If you get RAM that is too slow, your PC will not function correctly. Your 8500 GT should be good enough for older games like WoW. Socket LGA775 is still very popular, in fact, it's Intels main socket. That is, until the i7's come down in price. However, if your motherboard is old it may not support the newer LGA775 processors. What motherboard do you have?

3939.png

#8 Enox

Enox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

Errm, it's ASUS P5GC-MX/GBL. It ain't that old since I just bought it last year lol. Erm about the RAM, my Board only supports DDR2-677 and 566 Hmm so I have to buy a new ram cards :thumbsup:

#9 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

Given the specs of that motherboard, it will only support certain Intel processors. If you're swapping out a CPU on your current board, you don't need to change the RAM. If you get a new motherboard, you will have to get new RAM. You may want to go Asus's website and see which CPU's are supported for your particular motherboard model.

3939.png

#10 Enox

Enox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

Well thanks a lot, I'm just gonna buy a new Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 Below, so I can save up money :thumbsup: Now I only need to get the price lol. Thanks again ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users