Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange user in Local Security Assignments

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sethwb

sethwb

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

Hey I have a very strange user popping up in several User Rights Assignments in my Local Security Settings. The user is a very long string of numbers, hyphens ( - ) and has a asterik ( * ) at the beginning. I'm trying to find out what it belongs to, but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Would you please tell me how to find out what program or who this user belongs to?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Posting the "very long string of numbers, hyphens ( - ) and has a asterik ( * ) at the beginning", could help us determine what it is
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sethwb

sethwb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

I appreciate your response garmanma. I know it is an SID. I was hoping you may know of a good reference resource for SID's? If not that is ok, however, I do not feel safe posting it publicly.

Edited by sethwb, 20 March 2009 - 04:12 PM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

Not sure, let me check my notes
You've scoped out Technet, right?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

Edited by garmanma, 21 March 2009 - 02:14 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users