Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If money was no object.....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:14 AM

We can start off with...

If money was no object, where would you be right now?

My answer is on a plane visiting friend after friend all over the US. But if I had to be in one place, it'd be Pensacola, FL - it's just my most favorite place on earth.

What's your answer??

~67~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:20 AM

Getting A massage lol thats all I want. I don't ask for much. OK but Cathrine Zeta Jones would be giving it to me. :thumbsup:

And second I would get a pair of these.Speakers. I'm an audiophile so they are the ultimate. And at 135,000 a tad bit out of my price range. But oh how Summertime would sound on those.. And hey there only one quarter of a ton in weight! And I would probably go to Australia OK thats about it!

As for the house hmm the one Im getting built. I drew it out so I wouldnt want anything more than that!

#3 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:23 AM

LOL brunt. Yeah but you'd have to find some way to get her away from her grandpa-hubby! Apparently, you could do it with a T-Mobile phone, lmao.

~67~

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:32 AM

Money... don't get me started. If money was no object? Mighty big IF Huh? I can't even begin to imagine what I would like to do. Well I guess I know what I would like to do. I think I would go on one long frockin vacation.. ALONE. As for where ... that hardly matters. Some place warm and sunny.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:39 AM

Aww Pandy, I hear ya there!

Next topic (but first topic isn't closed, please reply everyone):

If money was no object, what would your dream house be?

My answer. HUGE and lovely with a small waterfall, gazebo, lots of flowers, and several acres on my land. A guesthouse, too. I'd want at least 6 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms (lol), and 4 car garage. No carpet anywhere, huge kitchen, garden room, a big den with a library, and a game room complete with Pool, Air Hockey, and every Milton Bradley board game out there. LMAO. Phooey on Charley, I'd still want it in FL!

~67~

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:40 AM

Id have me a jet,helicopter, and a porshe gt 911! Or wait no a dodge viper there ya go! And Id be at the olympics right now!

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:42 AM

Ok for the enxt topic (not counting as double posting k?) You got me there "My answer. HUGE and lovely with a "big" waterfall" and a huge pool with the house having lots of windows for natural light. The house would be around 3500 to 4000 square feet (not to big so I can clean it and not have to pay someone)

#8 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:15 AM

If money was no object, you could AFFORD to pay someone...lol.
Great answers so far. Hopefully, others will wake up, grab coffee, and join in.
~67~

#9 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:50 AM

if money was no object...i'd get my hubby the harley of his dreams..he's worked so damn hard since i became unable...and take him on a VERY lazy trip around the world.

and come home to a small, 2 br cabin, large garage/shop, with half an acre (just enough to garden), lakefront. his two loves (after me) are woodworking and fishing!

damgud :thumbsup:

oh...no coffee, thanx...(blah!)

Edited by nmdamgud, 19 August 2004 - 09:50 AM.

#10 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:15 AM

nmdamgud,
That's very sweet and sounds really nice. I'm sorry to hear about your situation but it sounds like you have a great guy by your side. :flowers:
I've 86'd the coffee as requested :thumbsup:
Wish you both the very best...
~67~

If money was no object, what state, country, island would you buy/own?

My answer: none, but I might rent a small tropical island and get my favorite musical bands/artists to perform a huge concert with a few of my closest friends.

~67~

#11 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:54 AM

A home @ Hilton Head right on the course! Golf lessons too!!! Lol And a second home in Ireland. In some sweet, little village. Id be the happiest girl in the world ! A chaufer , a private jet , and I guess anything and everything my little heart desires. Id also take care of my friends and loved ones. They have always been there for me. Im rich in that respect already.
Posted Image

#12 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Doing right now: Skiing in New Zealand with reservations for next stop Chile.

Home: Boeing 747
Penthouse in New York for the theatre season.
Chalet in Jackson Hole Wyoming for the ski season.

Ground transportation: Chauffeured!!

But the first thing would be to hire someone to follow me around and scratch my back!!!

Edt spelling of course

Edited by Bluie, 19 August 2004 - 12:43 PM.

#13 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:25 PM

My home would be at the top of an oceanfront cliffside. A long nicely paved road with stone wall side barriers full of ess curves would wind it's way to the white sand beach below. A 48' yacht with hydraulic catamarans and a hydrogen cell powered inboard auxiliery engine. Mainsails, spinnaker & jibs towering above it when set to sea, but moored at a Polynesian-style dock. Facilities for live concerts 1,000 person max capacity. Stone statuary would decorate the rugged cliff wall between the yacht basin and the cantilevered deck in front of the home 90 stories up. Rock climbing encouraged for sport. Private jet a half mile back in a Mayan stone replica hanger, 9 hole golf course on each side of the runway. Porsche Carrera Gt, a few funky old American cars & pickups in various stages of restoration/customization and a big, ole happy family. Several dogs, cats and birds and a research lab developing Artificial Intelligence for the novice computer users. An outpost/psuedo guard shack with mellow, lazy unarmed folk loungin' about it...sign at the front that says "BleepingComputers.calm" :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#14 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:43 PM

Phawgg,
Awesome, love the sign ;)
Thought about this before, have ya? lol

~67~

#15 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:56 PM

yup. while on the white sand beaches of Pensacola years ago. Merging features of there and the wild Oregon Coast of my home state. and a quarter century of time to refine and modify the basic themes. (plus input from the recent posts. Good topic. people can still dream.)
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users