Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 2003 server w/xp work station

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cp358

cp358

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Hi ALL
I set up a new XP computer for boss....our server is win2003. We have our legal program on network. Boss also leaves computer on at all times. Every morning when we come back to office the network has disconnected itself and the XP computer has to be restarted.
Now...I have an XP also....and I do not have that issue.
Suggestions, fixes...help?? LOL

Cheryl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Hi, have a look at the power settings, could the PC have hybernation enabled? Power seetings should always be "on"
MCP
MSDST

#3 RobertG

RobertG

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:47 AM

You could create a batch file that reconnects all the drives and mapped networks as needed. no need for reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users