Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow computer-is it infected

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ankur Singh

Ankur Singh

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:49 AM

my pc seems to be slow and i think it is infected
i have a e4500c2d proceesor but it works slower than my previous p4@2.00ghz
i have nod32,avg8.0is andsuper antispyware fully updated but they are not detecting anything
my administrative tools are disabled and while playing games like counterstrike i have slow processing & experience blue screen,even after disabing all unneeded sevices &tasks,including all security progs
what should i do
help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:56 AM

If you are running Vista and 2 antivirus programs, the computer would be slow and likely to crash
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Ankur Singh

Ankur Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:03 AM

no i m not running vista as i have 1 gb of ram
i am running xpsp2 mce edition[after formatting twice] and at the time of posting i had xpsp2 and i m not able to upgrade to sp3 as i get some errors
also in event viewer,it show errors in source column in the following-atapi;service control manager;dcom;disk;windows update agent;ipnathlp
now i only use bitdefender total security 2008[fully updated] and was able to found only some trojans even after dep scan
i have deleted all junk,defraged the registry and all drives
ran chkdsk on all drives ank sfc /scannow command[but it was not able to get two or three files at the last point which i had to skip as when i entered my xpsp2 disk or mce dvd,it showed they are wrong disks]
after all the efforts the problems are still not gone

#4 Ankur Singh

Ankur Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:11 AM

i have a jetway intel 945gc &ich7 chipset mobo and ddr2 533mhz ram[1gb*1-i bought 667 one but it shows 533-although it suppoirts ddr2 667{maximum and also 1gb*2 i.e.2 gb of unbuffered ram}] and wdc160gb sata hdd;samsung dvd writer,atx cabinet,450 w smps-odyssey and intel c2d-e4500z2.2 ghz conroe processor

also if you can tell me the voltages and clock for overclocking-i have 2 fans and normal heatsink provided by the manufacturer

#5 Ankur Singh

Ankur Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

i recieve blue screen errors like-

driver_irql_ less_or_not_equal
kernal_stack_inpage_error
kernal_data_inpage_error
page_fault_in_non_paged_area

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:24 AM

It sounds like a combination of hardware and malware issues. If you are being infected so soon after a clean install it's likely you are using infected installers or some other exe which was infected or illegal or both.

Without some logs or details there's nothing we can do here.

Our hardware and xp forums handle your non malware problems, please post there.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#7 Ankur Singh

Ankur Singh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

thank you for your advice
i have posted it as you said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users