Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blog & RSS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:09 PM

Your compupedia defines Blogger and Blogging but not "Blog".

Can not find any explanation of RSS.

Isn't RSS the method used to blog? That really explains a lot. :flowers:

Anyway just found the RSS thing on the Home page. Will be experimenting with that but wanted to know what I am experimenting with :thumbsup:

Really wish that the Web would stop generating these weird terms without explaining the to ME :trumpet:

Edited to correct typo

Edited by Bluie, 01 May 2004 - 12:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 01 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

Ack...thanks for letting us know about the Glossary messups. WIll add it now.

We are actually working on presenting an RSS tutorial before we announce the RSS additions to our site. RSS is based around XML, which I will explain a bit as well, and is not the basic of Blog's but rather a method of allowing other contents to use your blogs or news services on their sites or in software.

A blog is just a online journal that has entries organized by dates and times. RSS is a method of extracting that information so that remote sites or software can import it.

Will go into more detaila bout RSS in the tutorial., but maybe a tutorial on blogs and XML is in order as well

#3 Bluie

Bluie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 01 May 2004 - 05:41 PM

Sounds good.

I was thinking that a blog was a synopsis of something that the blogger ;) had found of interest and had posted with a link to the original.

Anyway looking forward to your elucidation.

Edited to correct typos - will I never learn to preview better?

Edited by Bluie, 01 May 2004 - 05:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users