Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant use control panel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mishkah

mishkah

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

hey guys
could anyone help me I have recently been experiencing trouble using many of the features/ options in the control panel. when i go to open them it says "these control panel option are not available...contact system administrator". But i used to be able to use them?
any help would be appreciated cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Hello and welcome. have you ruled out Malware,which is very possibly the problem? If not let me kknow and I will move this and we'll scan.

The next possibility is this; This article helps you restore the security settings to the default settings for a system recovery scenario in Windows XP Professional ONLY.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313222
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mishkah

mishkah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

i was referred to post here by someone else who was helping me remove a infection from my comp and they said it wasn't caused by it, so no i don't think its malware.
i tried restoring the security settings but that didnt help

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:51 PM

Some malware can disable the control panel, as can other things. I know you said it wasn't caused by malware, but you also said you did have an infection and the effects of malware can remain even after the infection is gone and even if it wasn't caused by that, it isn't working so this might be worth a try. SuperAntiSpyware has a tool in its repair section for enabling it. I have no idea if it works as I have not used it, but you might want to give that a shot.

Edited by Stang777, 17 March 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Who was helping you with this previously? Was it someone at this site?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:35 AM

try this link

http://www.the-pc-guru.com/Control_Panel_options_are_un.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users