Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marynmarty

marynmarty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I have an Internet Question. Yesterday I was able to get on the Internet like usual. Today I click the "e" button and it just sits there. Eventually, it comes back with the page that states "The Page Cannot be found" with the HTTP Error 404 code. I haven't changed anything on the computer and it worked fine yesterday. I still can get on the Network Neighborhood and to my home folder on the server, but the Internet is down. Anyone know the cause or what I could do to fix it? BTW it's my work computer. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by marynmarty, 17 March 2009 - 07:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

With my limited knowledge i'd probably go through some of these questions:

When you click the E button does it freeze the whole computer before it says the page cannot be found, or is it just trying to load the page?

Are there other computers connecting to the same network fine? Can other programs connect to the Internet fine if you have any? This will help distinguish if it's a connection problem.

Have you tried browsing the web using a different browser, e.g Firefox. This will help distinguish if it's a browser specific problem.

And obviously if you have any anti malware tools do a scan to check that this isn't the cause of the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users