Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compliment

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

What I have noticed at Bleepingcomputer.com is that we are people from different countries, different races, different religions, different political views... and we get all very well along.

I was reading some political forums or any other forums for that matter, that are full of personal attacks and other types of bad behavior.

So just wanted to pay a compliment to all of you. Computers forums have shown more than just technical skills. It shows a big deal of humanity.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

What I have noticed at Bleepingcomputer.com is that we are people from different countries, different races, different religions, different political views... and we get all very well along.

I was reading some political forums or any other forums for that matter, that are full of personal attacks and other types of bad behavior.

So just wanted to pay a compliment to all of you. Computers forums have shown more than just technical skills. It shows a big deal of humanity.

That's a filthy, rotten lie and you're a terrible, despicable, insane, smelly, icky, doo-doo head for saying it.

PS.
The above statement was intended as a joke. patbox, to my knowledge is neither terrible, despicable, insane, smelly, icky, a doo-doo head, nor a liar. Thank you.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

What I have noticed at Bleepingcomputer.com is that we are people from different countries, different races, different religions, different political views...

Hey, who you calling different?

You "sames" are all the, uh, same.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:38 PM

Maybe it's because we all bang along on similar keyboards looking for respite of the ills of malware, and a little technical help too?
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:00 AM

this site is so much different. Another computer forum I went to, it wasnt just politics they got mean over, the minute you asked for any kind of help or said that you liked a different type of hardware then they thought you should, you would automatically be scorned if you ever tried to say anything else other then your right master after that. it was pathetic. this site is amazing in that no one disrespects others for their political beliefs, computer knowledge, or likes or dislikes. :thumbsup:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

In my opinion,what makes Bleeping Computer different,is Admin and Moderators have both hands on the wheel,and don't allow for this kind of behavior.
A lot of members, have been here, for a long time,and on the whole,we respect other Members opinions and beliefs.
Of course there are going to be clashes of personality, and whatnot,but this seldom reaches the surface,here on Bleeping.
Religion and Politics,are and have always been areas of Friction,on any Forum,and hotly debated. :thumbsup:

#7 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

In my computer hope days a few of the mods were just acting like my opinion does not matter because I’m only a teen.

but in bc its like everyone’s the same culture and age, and people respect your opinion.

Edited by tylerisdabest, 18 March 2009 - 05:08 PM.

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

In my computer hope days

Been there, left that. I had a real problem with the way people were treated on that site, so I started looking around and found this one. I still go out to a couple of others but this is by far the best. The mods treat you good, even tho sometimes I think they could get away with a retort, and the people are respectful. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users