Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Address

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stevebilliter

stevebilliter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hi Members, I'm looking for my long lost daughter's email address. Is there a way to find the address without paying an intermediate company money I don't have? I have seen a listing for her in Bremerton, WA., but it also could be an old address that is no longer active. So even if I paid them this money, it may be a waste. If anyone has knowledge upon this subject I would appreciate it. :thumbsup: Steve ( I didn't really see an appropriate forum for this question perhaps there is a better one?)

Edited by stevebilliter, 17 March 2009 - 02:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

Probably not. Unless you have a lot of information otherwise.
Don't pay the fees.

She may have changed a lot of information.

If you know of a site/forum she frequented, you might contact her via such.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

The only one the I have had partial luck with is Zabbasearch
http://www.zabasearch.com/
It will tease you with some tidbits and then prompt for money, but sometimes it can give you just enough
Found my Ex with it :thumbsup:

Edited by garmanma, 17 March 2009 - 02:54 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

Found my Ex with it

How long until you got the injunction? :thumbsup:

#5 stevebilliter

stevebilliter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

:thumbsup: Hey, thanks for the info you two, I"ll try try the link, I got hit with the injunction many years ago and am still paying 'till it hurts! :flowers: Steve

Edited by stevebilliter, 17 March 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

How long until you got the injunction?

It was over 30 years ago, no kids. Just wondering whatever became of her
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

ZabaSearch can be pretty helpful but the info on it is usually quite old. It still has me listed as living at the address I moved from in December of 2005. Also, it isn't always really accurate, it lists my son as having lived at an address that he never lived at. It lists the correct phone number he had at one time, but the address they list with the phone number is way off and he hasn't had that phone number for four years.

#8 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Maybe a former roommate of his was "borrowing" his identity. Ick!

#9 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

I thought that at first too, well, not a roommate as the only person he ever lived with is the mother of my grandchildren, but a so called friend, but the date on the info from ZabaSearch is for right around the time period that he had the number. I think there is just a glitch on the address for it because when I do a search on the address, it comes back to a business (a gift shop) that he has never been affiliated with and that business shows to have a different phone number. There is no way that anyone could have used his name in relation to opening a business as his credit would have stopped that business from opening. If someone is using his identity, man oh man, did they pick the wrong persons name to use, lol, it would not help them in any way.

Another funny thing about it to me is, that phone number was not even issued to him, it was issued to me, on my account, as if it was a second residence for me, and it was only connected for about 6 months.

#10 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

It may be due to something as simple as two reversed digits in the phone number entry. Have you tried that route? I meant on the Zabasoft, or whatever database it used when researching your son.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 21 March 2009 - 02:37 AM.

#11 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the idea but no, the info I am referring to is what came up when I typed his name in zabasearch. Phone number listed is the one he had but the address listed is about two miles away from where he lived and does not have any of the same numbers in it as his address did and the street name isn't even similar. Also, the shop at that location has a totally different phone number than the one he had, other than the prefix of it, it does not have any of the same numbers as his did.

If it wasn't for the phone number being the same, I would think that the info was for someone else with the same name, although that would be unlikely too as our last name is not very common and the way we spell it is unusual. Even though we live in a very big city, there are only about 10 people listed in the phone book with the last name spelled the way we spell it, atleast half of us are related.

At this point I really have just passed it off as a glitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users