Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 berg54

berg54

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Okay, so I am having this problem with Vista Pro on my laptop and also my parents. What happens is, I add stuff, you know, download so on and so forth, it takes up space, all the things we all know will happen. Then I go to delete these straight from the control panel process and it ends up TAKING space as I delete things. When I had about 8GB left on my computer of storage, I had these 3 games that took up about another 10, at LEAST. After taking these games off, I now only have 2.7GB storage. Now I believe it should have went up to 16-18GB not down even more. My dad believes the computers are saving stuff into the hidden files, but I looked into them, I have found nothing that could have taken up that much space. I am udderly stumped on what to do to try to clear this memory back up or what the hell is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 berg54

berg54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

UPDATE: I went through the hidden files and cleared about 1g of storage from junk that shouldn't have been there. Still, I have to be missing something, there is a lot more floating around some where.

#3 Carlos Stephens

Carlos Stephens

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

What about your recycle Bin. Have you empty it yet? You are saying Memory do you mean Drive space?

Edited by Carlos Stephens, 17 March 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#4 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

hello berg54

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/wind...dows-vista.html

pay special attention to removing shadow copys of system restore!!! you will be amazed at how much space you gain.

good luck
kenny
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users