Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infinite Potential

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DnDer

DnDer

• Members
  • 646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

I'm being told a piece of art I did wasn't sufficient for the purposes of the project. "How do you see yourself operating and contributing to the success of this job?"

All I did was sign my name on a white field and left the rest of the canvas blank. It's all representational of myself being at the center of an infinite potential of possibilities each day, for me to fill in. It's not that complicated, and it's not (too) pretentious. But I'm told they want pictures, not art.

I'm having a hard time remembering physics and chemistry and science... But I remember there's some sort of equation to determine the potential energy in an object (or electrical circuit?), and I suppose I can put that in the background, just to be a bit more literal about it.

What would a decent equation look like for infinite potential energy in an object? Anyone a real hardcore science nerd here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

http://www.nhn.ou.edu/~kieran/reuhome/vizqm/vizqm1.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

What would a decent equation look like for infinite potential energy in an object? Anyone a real hardcore science nerd here?

Wouldn't

∞ * (MC˛) = ∞ * E

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

I have my physics reference table here with me and looking through it, I couldn't find a direct equation for Potential energy. However, here are the ones that had it in it, or something similar:

PEs=1/2kx^2 (PEs= potential energy stored in a spring, k=spring constant, x= change in spring length from the equilibrium position)

▲PE=mg▲h (▲=change, PE= Potential Energy, m=mass, g=acceleration due to gravity or gravitational field strength, h=height)

ET=PE+KE+Q (ET=Total Energy, PE=Potential Energy, KE=Kinetic Energy, Q=internal energy)

Hopefully this helps a little!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users