Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2008

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kwattup

kwattup

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

Hello,
I had the Antivirus 2008 problem 3 months ago, but successfully removed it with Malwarebytes, Superantimalware Removal and ATF Cleaner. However, this time around i have NOT had success. When running the Malwarebytes program it shows 4 corrupt files, (1 program file, 2 in Hotkey local machine and another one not remember the location) which i can not delete from regedit. For the past 4 days i have browser put ups and warnings that were getting worse. Unfortunately i do not have a saved record or screen shot now as i am locked out (see below).

I saw another anti-malware program listed on a blog called Spybot1.6 (i think i downloaded spybot 1.602) and I ran this. I realized this was not helping my situation and believe it maybe another virus or something so I removed it and reboot. On reboot, I was locked out of my computer from the windows login screen where every time i enter my password, it logs in, then automatically logs out. I try this many times in Safe mode also and regular startup mode using the F8 tapping method. How can I boot into my computer now?

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

One possible solution is to run windows as a repair disk, this requires a microsoft xp cd that matches your installed OS

This is XP?

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

This will not remove the infection, at best it might enable you to login again
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 kwattup

kwattup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Thank you very much for the reply! Will i loose unsaved data and files if not backed up and i run the repair? If so, is there any other solution without loosing my data?
Regards
Kelly

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

A repair leaves all your data alone
Chewy

#5 kwattup

kwattup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

I restart with XP CD, press F11 on startup, and select CD drive. then press enter. There is a long wait with black screen and flashing courser, then go to the windows login page again and have the same issue. I sign in, then it automatically signs me back out again and only get a glimpse of the Desktop for 1 second. What else can i do?

There is one more post with the exact same problem as me VOSO posted 2 days ago.

Thank you for your time!!!

#6 kwattup

kwattup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

I thought i should copy this blog as there are more people having the exact same issue as me and perhaps we can all get the same help. Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1182992

#7 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

In my professional opinion your cd is not bootable, or if it is, is dirty or your drive is bonkers.

I have been doing this for a long long time.

I always go into bios and set the computer to boot to cd drive first when attempting a repair
Chewy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users