Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New but been here for a while

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gyro Jerry

Gyro Jerry

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:52 AM

Hello, I've been learning from BC for a while but never had so many problems since getting the laptop with Vista Home Premium. I now have a problem I cannot solve. (will post on that)

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5535 with AMD Turion X2, 320GB HDD and 4GB ram, Vista Home Premium pre-installed and no Windows disc :thumbsup: (You want one? that will be 45 please ................. on yer bike! )

First the Acer backup system wrote 2 unreadable DVD's so I stopped wasting those.

Had a problem after installing MS Office 2007 with a message box saying " ???? line could not be found in OLEAUT32.DLL". This took a lot of sorting out by my son-in-law who is an IT manager with a big building soc. Took him ages but he sorted it. Was something to do with that dll being an old version and a newer one needed to be registered through Vista ................ right over my head. Anyway, I think he's getting a bit fed up of me calling ............. help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm here asking.

My new problem is again Registry orientated in which I have no experience.

Looking forward to some good help, so thanks in advance.

Jerry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:43 AM

Even many more experienced users than you are extremely careful when making registry changes, so it is a very good idea to get experienced help. Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users