Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer connecting to unknown IP addresses.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 joe blow

joe blow

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:53 AM

Hi.

I have been keeping an eye on my firewall while browsing the net, and I have notticed that while at some some sites, mainly financial and telecomunication sites, my computer seemed to be breifly connecting to other sites at the same time. I tracked the IP addresses of these sites and the bulk of them were from Omniture in Utah, USA. The other seemed to be a company called "Hastingwood Secs Ltd Powerserve Customer Allocation", in London. This one worried me most as it was at an ISP that I use. Also, from what I could find on google, Omniture at least seemed to be a semi legit company that these web sites may have been using.

Can anyone shed any light on these companies for me. In particural the "Hastingwood Secs Ltd".

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users