Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on playing video in 7057

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 apex2000

apex2000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

I have a very strange problem that I cannot seem to find an answer to - making it doubly frustrating. Hopefully, someone can give me some idea of what to do.

I have used 7000 since it was first available and suffered no problems whatsoever.

However, since installing 7057 (clean install) I cannot watch any video files (*.avi; *.wmv; etc) in either Windows Media Player, KMPlayer or Media Player Classic. As soon as I double-click on a video file to open it, the player starts up, and that is immediately followed by a BSOD and the computer reboots. After reboot, Aero is no longer working and I cannot run any applications, including Windows Explorer. Reinstall is the only answer.

Everything else seems to be OK in 7057.

This is my setup: ASUS P5VD2-X mainboard;
Pentium D 3.0 GHz Dual Core Processor;
3 GB RAM;
Windows 7 Ultimate 7057.

Can anyone please help me think what the f is going on?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

Hello! You are currently using leaked software, which Microsoft may consider pirated. To be safe, please go back to version 7000, which is the only version public users should have. I will not help you solve this issue, because I would be contributing to a breakage of a rule of Bleeping Computer!

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

--Referenced Here--

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

As Jay-P VIP said this topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users