Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet Another Newbie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wingcheck

Wingcheck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

I've been using computers for more years than I can remember, and this forum is like being a part of a users group from years gone by. Kinda restores my faith in humanity. Officially, I'm here because my ladyfriend recently came down with a bad case of AVG 360, along with a rootkit infection. I've sort of got the box running ok, BUT I'm going to need some help with Combofix in the not too distant future (just gotta find the time to spend at her computer. A question that I currently have is what software is recommended to PREVENT these infections?? I know this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but I thought that just maybe there may be some recommendations. Hi to all from Denver and it is a real pleasure to be associated with y'all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

:flowers: friend!

Glad to see that you joined!

We have great resources on this site, and we would be glad if you would check them out.

If you think you have an infection or some other threat with your computer, please visit the Malware removal area of the site as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please ask. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users