Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! Virus/Spyware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jamie1988

Jamie1988

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hi all,

I think I must have virus/spyware of some kind. Any link I click from google eventually gets redirected to a shopica.com site. Also I was earlier unable to access any website that required a login. (Flybe, Hotmail, Microsoft Exchange, Bebo etc). I thought this was odd so decided to run Live Update (for Norton Internet Security 2005) and then full system scan. When I got in it sasid 'Auto-Protect' was turned off under Anti-virus tab and it will not let me turn it back on. It also says error opposite virus definitions. I did a full system scan, with updated definitions etc, on 28/02/2009.

I have run Norton full system scan, Window's defender scan and eset.com online scan but they don't pick anything up. I have tried to download Spybot, Super AntiSpyware and Stopzilla. The file downloads but it won't let me run it. Computer is painfully slow too.

Any hep you have would be good.

Thanks very much

Jamie, Glasgow

Dell Inspiron 6000
Windows XP
IE7 and Firefox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users