Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows server 2003 file sharing problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elson

elson

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

From the workstation i can see the file from the server, but i cannot open it or copy it from the server to the workstation, everytime when i want to copy the file from server , the workstation will hang. anybody can give me a solution? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Opideousneo

Opideousneo

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

Make sure all your permissions are set to allowed, do this Server Side (or a SSC) as well as workstation side. I would suggest setting up a roaming profile through a domain. Also if the date and time are not synced on the workstation to the server this also might cause a issue.

Edited by Opideousneo, 18 March 2009 - 03:23 PM.

#3 ApperTon

ApperTon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:18 AM

From the workstation i can see the file from the server, but i cannot open it or copy it from the server to the workstation, everytime when i want to copy the file from server , the workstation will hang. anybody can give me a solution? thanks

Is this a simple share on a local lan or are you connecting to a server outside the network? I used RDP to connect to a Server that is outside our network hosted with Server Intellect at a Texas data center. The RDP is an admin account and before you connect in the RDP settings you want to click map drives to local host (under local resources). That will allow you to drag and drop files across the network. You will still need to have the right permissions as stated above but this will make moving files easier on the server to workstation.

#4 elson

elson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

Make sure all your permissions are set to allowed, do this Server Side (or a SSC) as well as workstation side. I would suggest setting up a roaming profile through a domain. Also if the date and time are not synced on the workstation to the server this also might cause a issue.

i fixed the problem already, thanks for your help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users