Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intrusive Internet Explorer icons

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Hi folks.

I recently upgraded to a larger hard drive and I probably didn't do something right because now alot of my programs, photos etc. are covered up by Internet Explorer icons instead of the program icons that you can tell which one is the .exe file just by looking. This is really irritating and I can't seem to find where to get rid of them. When you go to view and try to change it that way, it just gives you a peek at the program icons but still remains blocking most of the original icon.

I tried going into I.E. to see if there was a preference tab that might give me a clue as to how to get rid of this but I couldn't find anything.

Anybody got any ideas? Or is this a really stupid dummy question?

Thanks for the help. I appreciate anyone helping.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users