Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Res://ieframe.dill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shady Whiskers

Shady Whiskers

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

When I'm trying to navigate a particular website that I've gone to order items, the following notice keeps repeatedly coming up. Does not seem to matter if I click yes or no in response. "The current web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this? Current site http://.... Trusted site res://ieframe.dill". What is it? How do I respond to it, or get rid of it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

There is some information on this problem here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/zoneelev.htm
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Shady Whiskers

Shady Whiskers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Budapest : Hey thanks for the links reguarding a possible fix. I am not real computer savy so I will let someone that is review the links and help me further.Thank You S. Whiskers

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

If I received that warning/message...I would interpret it to say "Someone unauthorized is trying to break into your home."

Granted that a firewall will usually prevent such...I would be annoyed to know that this happens every time I visit a given website and I would forego such visits.

My interpretation can be wrong, but that's the way I would view it.

FWIW: How To Check Trusted Sites, http://antivirus.about.com/od/securitytips...trustedzone.htm

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2009 - 04:48 PM.

#5 Shady Whiskers

Shady Whiskers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the responses. Perhaps I should be more specific.The warning I get comes up when I go directly to Amazon.com .I have been using this site prior to getting the repeated warning which it does continiously as I navigate to different pages.It does not go away if I select yes or no! This has also appeared on consumer search .com. Any help is appreciated Jeff

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Well...I would think that Step One would be taking a look at what is listed as Trusted Sites.

I myself have only one: Microsoft.

My initial response was prompted by thinking that my home network (which is a trusted connection) was being interpreted as a trusted website.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 March 2009 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users