Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers and Microphone not recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trona

trona

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

I did a system restore this morning and found when I did, my speakers and microphone are not working. There is no speaker icon at the bottom of my screen next to the time. I have tried going into Window Audio Properties and it says "service status: stopped" however when I clicked start... error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. I get this message when I try going into the Disk Management also. As of now, speakers are in Automatic, when I try to put it into manual it says "the plug and play service or another required service is not available." I click OK and it changes to manual. Any idea how to fix this?
Not my first system restore, this has never happened, I don't know what went wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

If you right-click on the service in question and select Properties > Dependencies you can see what other services it depends on. Then check that those services are started.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users