Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MKLC - Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dmkinter

dmkinter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

I use XP Pro - works perfectly. Several months ago, using MKLC, I created a 2nd keyboard ("English-Custom") along with a Language Bar to toggle between my reg keyboard and the new English-Custom Keyboard - worked great.

Today I needed to charge a key in the Custom Keybrd, so I brought it up in MKLC, modified it, gave it a new name (mistake??) of "English-Custom Custom" and saved it. Now

(a) the Language Bar only shows the old "Custom" and I can't get the new "Custom-Custom" into the Language Bar. I can find the file for the new "Custom-Custom" under My Docutments (where its name is "layout03") but can't get into the Language Bar, BUT IN THE MEANTIME...

(:thumbsup: I somehow lost the Language Bar completely and can't get it back at all. HELP!

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Regional and Language Options. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details. Under Preferences, click Language Bar. Select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Ljubljana

Ljubljana

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:45 AM

Hello everybody!

I'm using XP Pro SP3 too and works quite smoothly...

Already tried installing a layout with MKLC 1.4 succesfully but never came to an end yet...so I'm really glad I've been finding this marvellous forum on the net now :thumbsup:

1) Installed the programm and assigned all keystrokes of the kyrillic symbols in wished manner

2) Vaidated the layout with some warnings left -but sucessfully as it said

3) I'm simply unable to build it or use it as assigned- because during the building process it says a problem ocurred which is a tiny window that says:

"Standard Output information"

CL.EXE returned 1

RC.EXE returned 1

LINK.EXE returned 1

OK

..so there's only the option to click this damn OK like - It's sink or swim. :flowers:

P.S.: I also tried a layout without any warnings which ends up in the same warning window..

For any help to this matter already now my special thanks! :trumpet:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users