Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anarchy slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 misconduct

misconduct

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

Hello
I have recently set up a computer for my girlfriends son to play games on.Main reason being I dont want him on our computer.
The problem hwes having is he says that the new computer is "laggy". I tried to play the game on both computers and it defineatly doesnt respong as quickly on the one I got for him.

The 2 machines in questiion are

system A (ours)
amd athalon 64 x2 Dual
core processor 4200+
2.21 ghz, 768 mb of ram
nvidia geforce 6100 nforce 430 - display adapter

system B ( his )
Intel®
Celeron ® cpu 2.40 ghz
2.40 ghz, 512 mb of ram
Intel 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv graphics controller

He tells me the reason being is the amount of ram! This may be true Im not really sure. Lets just say hes 13 and seems to know everything there is to know about anything and everything. If this is the case how can i upgrade his machine to the same as ours.

I really want him off this computer!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

First off, he has Intel integrated graphics which aren't made for gaming at all. That is probably his biggest problem.

Secondly, the processor is a bit lacking however, that seems like the older motherboard socket, and the upgrades for the processor on it are very limited, and probably not worth upgrading.

I just looked up the system requirements, and that game isn't very demanding. For now, tell him to go into the graphics options for the game and turn them down lower. This should help a bit. If you want to get a graphics card for him (you could probably get a cheap one if he's only playing that game) let us know and we can help you find one. We'll need to know the motherboard model, or the make and model of the computer.

Upgrading the ram may help too, but I don't think it would be causing too much of a problem for this game. Make sure the computer doesn't have a lot of programs running in the background (you can check this under the processes tab in task manager). Also, make sure he doesn't have any viruses or other malware on the computer.

Edited by Sterling14, 17 March 2009 - 06:49 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users