Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My System is Slow and Unsteady

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rikki

rikki

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

Toshiba Satellite Laptop, IE 6, WinXP.

Lately, this baby has become real cranky. Programs are running real slow. Mouse goes blurry when you move it. I have installed Office 2007. I use Outlook the most. Intermittently, I have problems sending email. It will just sit in the outbox and not move. Then, it will send the same email 13 times - once every 7 minutes or so.

I don't seem to be able to locate the problem. My ISP claims the problem is with Outlook.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to work on my photography but Photoshop is impossible to use what with it running so slow.

Can somebody tell me where to start fixing things or what tests I can run to try to clear this up?

Do I have to reinstall windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 misconduct

misconduct

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi Rikki
Im new to this myself and maybe someone else may be of better service. I would try scanning for a virus first, are you running an anti virus program?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Office?

FWIW:

10 Reasons Why Your Computer Runs Slow - - http://www.bestsecuritytips.com/xfsection+...rticleid+43.htm

Slow Computer - http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22278

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users