Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Here because a Virus has Killed my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kan01324

kan01324

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

I'm new to the board and was refered by a friend whom also recently used this forum for virus help. So I suppose I am looking for someone with experience in viruses that target Internet Explorer.

Last weekend I was casually surfing the internet checking out my usual sports forums when I noticed an ad to play "Duck Hunt" for free on Scout.com, I know pretty stupid but i was on a site I frequent and my nostalgic curiousity for original Nintendo got the best of me. The second I clicked the game AVG went crazy with Alert detections but it was too late. Now my computer (Acer) will not boot up without c-drive error messeages nor will it shut down without holding the power button down. When ever I go to Internet Exporer I get my home page followed by automatic new sessions of Explorer that "cannot find server", probably 5-10 sessions per second! It just keeps opening up new bad sessions on its opwn so fast that by the time you try to react you already have thirty bad sessions open. And there is nothing you can do but hold the power button down until the computer shuts off. Help! I am clueless on this sort of thing even though I work on a computer all day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to BC... you are in good hands with our HJT team.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users