Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software loading probs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 golfingnut

golfingnut

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

Hi all

I am in deep praying mode that absolutely anyone can help me out with this one.

I have purchased a Graphtec - craft robo machine, with it comes the usual cd-rom with all the software & drivers etc..etc BUT - after plugging all the leads in to the hard drive, I then insert the cd & it boots up with the welcome screen with all the relevant boxes ( which one to click ) but when i click on the SOFTARE & DRIVERS box, it tries to boot up ( with the pointer & egg timer going ) with the hard drive making the weiring sound & after about 15 seconds just stops making the sound & the egg timer goes, as if nothing has happened.

I have consequently loaded the drivers straight from there web site & they are installed correctly, but the web site does not have the software to down load.

I have spoken to them direct & they are going to send a new disk thru the post, but strangely enough when i place the same cd in my laptop then BINGO, it boots up ( software & all )

So what on earth can be wrong with my P.C or have i somehow altered some settings unintentionally ?

PLEASE, PLEASE help someone.

Any advice would be internally welcome & grateful.

Golfingnut

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

Hi golfingnut,

Couple of questions and then I have a suggestion:

1. What the heck is a "Graphtec - craft robo machine"?

2. When you say

plugging all the leads in to the hard drive

, I'm assuming you mean plugging leads into the back of your PC? The hard drive is inside this box but the box is the PC 'case' or 'tower'. What port do you connect to?

Maybe you need to clean the lens on your CDROM drive. Purchase a CDROM lens cleaning CD (I recommend a Philips one if available) and a can of compressed air - both should be available from your local computer or electronics supplier. Run the lens cleaner CD then remove it and while the tray is open give the CDROM drive a good blast with the canned air. Then retry your software installation.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users