Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In their shoes,what would you do?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:37 AM

I received this article last night from my son( his beautiful bride taught one of these young ladies for awhile)

I was quite shocked to say the least about the judgemental additudes in this articles "Comment's section"
and had to ask myself what would i do in a sityation like this.....what would you do if you found yourself in this situation....( as near as i can tell, i'm not in violation of the rules,but if i am, please excuse my mistake and feel free to delete :flowers: )

PS, there is room in the comment's section for you to add yours, if you'd like to! :thumbsup:

http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/Story/...regnant-sisters

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hi MissPlaced,

There are a lot of strategies in the gene pool. The body wants offspring. Societies have a lot of influence on how this occurs and the individuals involved as well as their families also have some impact. I know a woman who had two children quite early. When they were grown up and off to college, she divorced, remarried and had two more. She and her daughter were pregnant at the same time.

No one is taught much about parenting. To become a life guard at a swimming pool, you have to take some training. But to become a parent, to raise a child, learn how to deal with its illnesses, its education, its values, its feelings, there's no training required at all. We don't place much value on parenting. Why then should it matter how we go about it? (okay ... a little bit of devil's advocate there, I admit...)

:thumbsup:
Zllio

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

__It Happens, we learn from our mistakes, and we move on. It's human nature. Some of the best parents I know had kids in their teens, (thank God I don't know that many parents of kids under 10).

Posted Image

#4 MissPlaced

MissPlaced
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hi Zillo

Devils advocate.. :thumbsup: you do it well.... :cool:

I've thought about this family alot,they've had a lot of rock's thrown at them by their community.....

1st we have the "grammer Police"..no comment necessary...
2nd we have the "Holier then thou" crowd..sayin "Why I never" .."O" course you have , you're just hopein nobody finds out..... :P :) ( the grammer police would git me fer sure fer that one..... :inlove: )

3rd we have those that are doin their best to give this poor family a hand up,
I'm with them :trumpet:
These 2 young ladies are about to have "Reality" hit them hard very soon....because they are young and imature, they aren't able to defend themselves against this tyraid very well....The "Reality of motherhood" hasn't sunk in yet,and won't until there holdin their babies in their arm's..then and only then will reality hit home....Their lives are about to be changed forever... the road that they've chosen is a hard one...
I see no earthly reason to verbally abuse them( they've been called everythange from, white trash, redneck, illerate...ect for them to succeed, they need positive reinforcement....they can rise above this and raise their children to be wonderful, productive,member's of society,
Zillo, your right..kids don't come with a manuel.....havin raised 2 kids myself i can say first hand, that at least half of parenting is flyin by the seat of yer britches and hopein that it work's, the other half is learnin as ya go.....if your wise you learn right along with your kids...and at the end of the day.....you both can smile and say "we made it"

HI BlackSpyder....you are exactly right, these young ladies need to be able to live , Learn and move on....unfortunately i don't think their "community" is goin to allow that to happen very easily....
It's the old double standard......If these young ladies where from a "Well to do " Family....the rock's bein thrown at them wouldn't be....because their NOT fron a well to do family..those folk's want them layin face first in the dirt..screamin forgive us......and even then that wouldn't be enough.....they WANT to see them fail...so they can say "I knew it!!"
I say it's better to light a candle then to curse the darkness. :flowers:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#5 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

all pregnancies happen as a result of gods will. he has a plan for all these babies. even if it is abortion, or cancer, or a horrible disease that ruins their life, or just growing up on wellfare and being taught how to manipulate the system. you see, this is what feeds our great lords sense of humor. he needs it to go on. praise jesus and amen.

lol
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

"all pregnancies happen as a result of gods will."

Or Satan's temptation.

The fact is the stigma of a girl getting pregnant without a husband has been removed.
That makes it "OK" for girls to give in & play house.

This works out well for the boys that will say anything, except "I do" to get what they want.

The girls learn the hard way that a real baby isn't like their baby dolls.
They can't put the real thing away when they don't feel like "playing" with it.
When they figure out that having a baby is a full time job & a hard life for a single parent, they usually regret being "easy" .

If the law would make the fathers man up , take responsability for their actions, & actually have to provide support for the kid maybe there wouldn't be as many single teenage mom's .

Edited by fairjoeblue, 25 March 2009 - 01:23 PM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#7 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

i thought the law does make the men step up?

isnt the enforcement of the laws the larger issue?
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

#8 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Aw, Ryan,

Blokes get shelias preggies and buzz off.

Happens all over the World, leaving the mess behind. Not what we want, but Fact, Mate.

Sooner or later they pay for it, but? meantime the Girls have to cope with it, as best they can, including their Families.

:flowers:

#9 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

The US set a record the other day. Now 40% of all births are out of wedlock. Kind of disgusting.

#10 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

Not really from a Nation that believes in Fast Food and Supersize to go?

Kids just think the same, noone has time for them, much anymore?

:flowers: :trumpet:

#11 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

Not really from a Nation that believes in Fast Food and Supersize to go?

Kids just think the same, noone has time for them, much anymore?

:trumpet: :inlove:

Yes we do have quite the number of Fat stupid teenagers. :flowers:

#12 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

They are not stupid.They are not mature,enough to make the right decisions.
Most of them are still children,themselves.

#13 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

In this day and age 2009, with children having been taught sex ed in school since the 5th grade and with schools handing out condoms, they are indeed stupid. Oh and that 40% rate I posted was not just the teen rate, it was the total birth rate, including adults.

Edited by GTK48, 26 March 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#14 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Oh and that 40% rate I posted was not just the teen rate, it was the total birth rate, including adults.

Now, you don't honestly think kids won't duplicate what their parents did, will you?

Kids look to Adults for Leadership and what do they get? Big Mac and Super Fries and Coke, Sorry, I am too busy, Work time.

So we Blame the Kids?

:flowers: :trumpet:

#15 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

In this day and age 2009, with children having been taught sex ed in school since the 5th grade and with schools handing out condoms, they are indeed stupid. Oh and that 40% rate I posted was not just the teen rate, it was the total birth rate, including adults.

Have you bothered to Google, why Teens get Pregnant.Every case is different, and some very sad.
Whether they need to be loved,or come from broken homes.Dozens of different reasons.
I think we should have understanding, and not put them all in the one basket.
We all make bad Judgements,at different times in our lives, and if you say you never have,then sorry you are full of it. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users