Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC to HD TV?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheStalker

TheStalker

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I have just got myself a new PC, It has a nvidea graphics card within it. It has a DVI socket that i am using to connect to my monitor, but it also looks like it has a HDMI socket in it as well. Can i use this to connect my HD TV ? and will it just be a case of plugging it in or will i need to set something up??

many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hey,

More than likley you will be able to plug in you TV and away you go.

You may have to adjust the settings for the graphics card, this will have a control panel either on your task bar, control panel or under the start menu.

Try it and find out, if you have any problems post back here and then they can be looked into.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 TheStalker

TheStalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

All works spot on, i did have to change a view settings found is display settings then in the nvida control pannel. I think i also need to change a few settings within the TV as it doesnt look right using the same settings i use for watching TV.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

Hey,

More than likely you will have to adjust the settings until you find the best viewing settings.
You should then be able to save this as a new profile so it's easier to switch between TV viewing and normal Monitor viewing (however you may not be able to save the settings)
~ E-Mu ~

#5 TheStalker

TheStalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

cool thanks i had a look at there are 3 preset on the TV you can change called standard, dynamic and movie. So ive had a mess around with changing dynamic and its a bit better. Think ill have to play around a bit more to find the best settings, as video (movies) still look a bit darker on the TV then my monitor

#6 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Ty changing the settings through the GUI for the graphics card. You will be able to adjust it and fine tune it a lot more.
~ E-Mu ~

#7 TheStalker

TheStalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:58 AM

Ty changing the settings through the GUI for the graphics card. You will be able to adjust it and fine tune it a lot more.

Good advice i found where to change the settings in the graphics card. They are mega sensitive!!! much more then the ones within the TV. Its pretty good now tho i think i could tweek it a little more. Thanks for the advice. It's great for watching bbc iplayer & 4OD :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users