Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

facebook icon in my favourites changed to a scary face

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 putneypj

putneypj

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hi,

I was quite annoyed that youtube had put a block on me watching many music videos, saying not available in my country. So i did a search on youtube on ways to fix this. I was recommended to go to http://unblockyoutubeproxy.net and to use this website. I used it once and since this time i've noticed that it changed the icon of my facebook link in my favourites. I noticed that it is now a little clip art yellow face that is sort of has an evil laugh. This same icon is used on the website http://unblockyoutubeproxy.net, and so i'm guessing it is to do with this. Can anyone tell me if i need to worry? Do i now have a virus or malware or a keylogger etc. I ran spy doctor and also avast but nothing was found except some cookies. Thanks for reading this and any help would be great.

Cheers

Edited by garmanma, 15 March 2009 - 08:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Anytime that you use questionable software to defeat copyright and/or security measures, you run the risk of downloading malicious items
If you downloaded anything from that site, uninstall it and see it it returns to normal
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users