Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Factory restore NO DISK

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LilLadyAZ

LilLadyAZ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have a laptop that wont let me create a restore disk. It has the icon but nothing happens when I click on it. It is a Satelite Pro if that helps and I am running Windows XP. My computer has been infested with viruses it takes 5 mins just to close out of all the error pop up each time I turn the computer on. :flowers: I haven't installed any software so if I could just go to the way it was when I 1st got it would be GREAT :thumbsup: I have search on the internet and the only thing I have found was to buy the CD and I am broke hopefully someone out there can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer, and seeing what they have to say about it? most manufacturers, I believe Toshiba is one of them. THey may be able to send you a new restore disk. Did you purchase this laptop used? because many laptops I think have it hardwared in that you can only create one restore disk, and if it has already been done it may not allow it to be done again. also, does it have a recovery partition? many laptops come with a small partition with a recovery version of the OS on it that can reinstall and restore the computer to factory settings.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

Toshibas do not have recovery partition.
Toshiba does not include clean Windows with the installation.
Toshiba provides a rescue disk with all sorts of bloatware on top of Windows, all in Ghost image files.
Toshiba charges about 50 dollars to replace that rescue disk.
Rescue disk contains Windows made at the time of them making the computer. In my case Windows xp sp1. Really useful :thumbsup:
If you ever go for any repairs to authorized Toshiba center, they might give you a present of the obsolete bloated system. They did give me one a while back even though I didn't want it as 1. I have rescue disk, 2. I have better image backups which are not obsolete.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

I have search on the internet and the only thing I have found was to buy the CD and I am broke hopefully someone out there can help me.

Please keep in mind that person who asked for help says he/she is broke. So cannot buy CDs or order restore disks.

I would suggest to give a detail the nature of error pop-ups and the message they show, so experts of the BC can help further rpeairing your computer.

#5 LilLadyAZ

LilLadyAZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

Thank you all for your help and friend of mine let me use their windows disk and that has seemed to help. I installed their disk and halfway through it locked up which turned out to be a blessing cause it allowed me to get in long enough to create a recovery disk. Thank you all for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users