Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELKERN WORM?! UHOH!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

I was on msn and talking to a friend when all of a sudden i get a info message from Kaspersky 2009 Is saying it has failed to block a worm?

15/03/2009 14:41:01 Detected: Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern Absent UDP from 59.173.247.106 to local port 1434

Is what it claims.

What is it and how the hell did it get on my pc? what will it do? am i doomed?

I haev ran a quick scan with kaspersky and no detected. ill run a Spybot aswell now.

Please get back to me asap! i'm worried!

Edit : This is no longer an issue, i posted on my aV's site and it has been resolved. turns out to be blocked. and a vulranbility to MSQL server 2000 O.O ?

Link - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry324334

Edited by eastonch, 15 March 2009 - 10:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users