Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need drivers for dell dimension 8110

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

Hello,

I am in need of drivers for a Dell Dimension 8110 tower. This is running XP Home. It is not very old, and using dell's support site I cannot find drivers for this model computer. I have been able to find drivers for most everything, except audio. I still need the audio driver. As I search the internet, I find that lots of folks can't find drivers for this model. If anyone has a clue as to where to get this driver, please let me know.

If I can't find the driver I will just pop in a sound card, but I would rather not.

Thanks so much!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:27 AM

Just out of curiosity, I went to Dell Support, typed in your model number and it showed only 2 audio drivers...One for Sound Blaster Live and the other for Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (special sound card)....Curiosity peaked when I noticed that XP wasn't listed in the drop down box for Operating System...HMMM...I would download SIW and find out exactly what motherboard that I have installed (You are talking about onboard sound, right?) go to their web-site and see if they have what you need for XP...

http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Usually through Dell Support if you type in the exact service tag number (or even better click on the button to let them find it for you) they should be able to direct you to the proper drivers for your make and model...Not always...But most of the time...Can be a frustrating process at times...
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Entering the service tag does not get me to the right place. A different model computer appears on the Dell website.

There is simply the stock mobo installed on this computer, and it came with XPH.

I will run Everest and see if that sheds any light.

Do you have the link to the audio drivers you found?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

Entering the service tag does not get me to the right place. A different model computer appears on the Dell website.

There is simply the stock mobo installed on this computer, and it came with XPH.

I will run Everest and see if that sheds any light.

Do you have the link to the audio drivers you found?

I originally searched Dimension 8100 instead of 8110....Sorry about that...I will give you the link anyway...On one of Dell Support's forum pages it surfaced that there is no such thing as Dimension 8110 but there is a Dimension B110....The links for these are here also...

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/1903...p;cs=&s=gen

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...ID=DIM_CEL_1100
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

I guess that's why they call this kind of problem DellHell, is the sound onboard or from a pci card?

Edited by DaChew, 15 March 2009 - 07:40 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

It is on board sound. And it is definetely a 8110, not a B110.

I appreciate your replies, got to go out of town for a couple of days. Will check back...
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users